Flakes during the winter create a very dull look. It can be difficult to cater to these problems if you have persistent dry skins; however, there are solutions to this which we will discuss in this article.
Skin Care for Dry Skin
To confirm if you have dry skin, perform a confirmatory test - wake up in the morning and, without applying anything on the face, place a skin-friendly tissue paper on the skin. If you observe the tissue paper to be completely dry without a speck of wetness or mixture, you will indeed have dry skin. If it turns out to be wet, you have oily skin; if the tissue has wet patches but is not wet, you have combination skin.
We will quickly discuss the ultimate skincare routine for dry skin owners. Before we move into skin care, let us understand why you have dry skin.
Some people have inherently dry skin, but most people were not born with it but later developed it.
There are several causes of dry skin, some of which are:
● Using hard water on your face ad body skin,
● Excessive use of facewash and other cleaning agents,
● Constant exposure to chemicals or irritants
● Medical conditions like diabetes or hypothyroidism
In case you are exposing your skin to any of these conditions, you are surely going to face issues of dry skin. With a proper skincare regime, it is pretty easy to cater to the external needs of dry skin. When talking about dry skin, we are talking about dry facial skin and dry body skin. The best body wash for dry skin
is one that has natural oils in them and is not too drying. Rely on the low alkaline percentage of the body wash when treating your dry body skin.
To treat dry skin, the first task is choosing your products wisely. You have to say no to harsh, chemically rich face wash and use mild, soft, foaming face wash instead. The same rule goes for body skin as well. Dry skin is prone to flaking and dead skin build-up. So, it is imperative to focus on mildly scrubbing your skin often. You can use Epsom salt for dry skin
. It is one of the best ways to clear the skin and promote gentle exfoliation. Infuse Vitamin B in your diet for better, glowing skin.
Skin Care For Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, there are more things to include in skincare than you can imagine. Treating sensitive skin is the trickiest job ever. Most commercial products you will find around you won’t suit your skin, and you will be forever plagued. Cleaning, toning, and moisturizing are the best skin care regime.
Here are some tips for sensitive skin:
Go for a double cleansing process - with the oil-based toner and then with a mild face wash.
The best face wash for your skin would be the salicylic acid ones.
● Benzoic acid is the best thing for acne-prone skin. You can use creams with benzoic acid infused but look for the concentrations. There is another skin type - dry, sensitive skin. The best face moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin is hyaluronic acid, shea butter, or jojoba oil.
● Never skip moisturizing your skin. Loads of people have the misconception that moisturizing ain't a thing for sensitive skin owners; it is just the opposite, on the other hand. Sensitive skin needs a lot more moisturizing than you can ever think. Sensitive skin turns to dry skin if not treated properly.
● You can use day and night repair creams from the best-reputed brands with ingredients that do not cause any break out on the skin; for example, aloe vera gel is best suited as the night cream. Aloe has a hydrating effect on sensitive skin and also prevents breakouts and acne. For day cream, always try to use something mild and antiseptic. Calendula oil-infused day creams are too good for sensitive skin.
● Face packs made out of homemade ingredients are best for sensitive skin. You can use an easy pack of green tea and curd. It infuses the skin with essential minerals and also prevents acne build up.,
● Prevent sebum build-up on the skin. Gentle scrubbing twice a week can be helpful to prevent acne build-up and keep the skin free of dead cells
● You cannot skip toning on sensitive skin. Toning helps shrink the size of open pores and also prevents breakouts. It is when you control the sebum buildup you prevent acne.
● If you have sensitive skin, acne scars are a real-time problem. Use sandalwood powder and a rose water pack to remove the acne scars.
Choose sensitive skin care products wisely to prevent further damage to your skin.