Testing your web application on all the available platforms and browsers can be tiresome. Still, to provide a flawless user experience, it's vital to ensure that your product looks and behaves properly on every platform and browser.
Luckily, modern software development has made this task easier and even more fun with cross-browser testing tools that allow developers to run automated testing
on hundreds or thousands of browsers or platforms simultaneously. Here are the top ten cross-browser testing tools you should be using right now to ensure the quality of your web applications in 2023 and beyond!
Top Cross-Browser Testing Tools
has an integrated cross-browser test feature that lets you test your website or app on real devices hosted on the cloud or your premises. You can run automated or manual tests to guarantee faster release times. Team leaders can work with the business and testing teams to create and run tests without the need for programming expertise.
TestGrid allows you to automate tests on a safe, stable and scalable selenium network either on-premise or in the cloud and also test locally hosted or privately hosted sites for a flawless launch. It also provides support for the latest and older devices at the moment.
In addition, you can integrate TestGrid with your favourite CI/CD tool for continuous testing, such as Jenkins and many others.
● It helps to ensure that a site works across all major browsers, versions of operating systems, screen resolutions, and on various platforms such as PC/Mac or mobile devices such as iPhone/iPad or Android phone/tablet, as well as across various hardware like different processors or graphics cards, while also supporting accessibility features such as using text to speech software to read web pages aloud.
● TestGrid provides detailed results and delivers data in customizable formats.
● TestGrid offers a free trial period to test its services before deciding whether it's worth the investment.
Selenium is an open-source test automation software that can automatically test web-based apps on different platforms and multiple browsers. It has integrated support for multiple continuous integrations and delivery tools.
Selenium is one of the most popular cross-browser testing tools. Because it has unrestricted sources, great community support and it's designed for both operating and reversion testing, this makes it a really powerful tool. Yet, for those not experienced with programming, it can be not easy to get started and manage. You also do not have inbuilt testing capabilities.
● Selenium WebDriver has multiple OS support--you can use Selenium WebDriver for automation testing on Windows, Linux, or UNIX.
● Selenium WebDriver's cross-browser compatibility is one of its key strengths. It can be used across any device, whether Android or Windows.
LambdaTest is a free cloud-based platform that lets you fully take advantage of your selenium scripts by using them on a scalable grid for automatic testing. This tool includes live interactions and one-click debugging features that save you time when testing your web application or website.
● LambdaTest provides an extensive suite of tools for cross-browser testing on desktop and mobile browsers.
● Offers an online grid of tools to automate Selenium tests using lots of programming languages and frameworks.
A commercial tool, TestComplete, enables GUI-based and scripted testing, has strong object identification capabilities and can be used for functional and regression testing. It is more expensive than some of the other options on this list. It can be difficult for those who are not programming experts.
● TestComplete is a powerful testing tool used by software testers and programmers to automate UI tests.
● You can now test 2,000+ environments in a matter of minutes – without any setup or configuration.
BitBar lets you test your app on the most recent and popular real-world devices and browsers.
Expand your testing capabilities by expanding test coverage while reducing the time to test by performing automated tests across all devices and browsers. BitBar seamlessly integrates with your existing tech stack or the CI/CD pipeline. Refrain from spending your time managing environments. Focus on the things that matter.
● BitBar provides a single cloud solution compatible with all testing platforms - Web, Native and Hybrid.
● Test your app with real customer scenarios without the hassle of maintaining a device lab
6. Katalon Studio
● One of the organizations' most undervalued leverage points is the power to migrate flexible tests from Selenium (Grid, Webdriver & IDE) and Postman to SoapUI.
● Less maintenance is required when you use the page-object model pattern.
7. QA Wolf
QA Wolf's code generation engine stands out and earns it a spot on our list. When browsing a website, QA Wolf automatically generates clean test code that's enough for anyone to make and maintain easily. With more complicated workflows, developers can quickly modify the test code.
● Give your tests the ability to run automatically.
HeadSpin provides a scalable way to test thousands of real devices that are browser-ready remotely. It's easy to access and supports cross-browser testing, so you can ensure your mobile app is responding properly across all devices - and even test your website's performance vitals, like load tests.
● HeadSpin allows for continuous monitoring of open data through a USB hub and an RF-compliant device.
● For 100% accuracy, test on thousands of real devices.
Because of its features and customization options, Browsershots is a widely used tool for testing browser compatibility.
It is a free tool that helps developers in Linux, Microsoft, and Mac, as well as helps with the testing of screen size and colour depth.
● Begin testing on real devices in the cloud
● It does not require virtual machines to run the tests.
● It supports a variety of devices and browsers.
10. Ranorex Studio
Ranorex is a commercial automated test tool that lets you test web-based applications across various browsers. It supports most browsers and can easily be integrated with various continuous delivery and integration tools. Ranorex is a different commercial application that can provide test scripts and is GUI-based.
● The program can identify reliable objects even with dynamic IDs.
● Reusable modules and test creation quick templates for increased efficiency.
This article talked about the top 10 cross-browser testing tools that will be popular in 2023 and beyond. They offer easy-to-use interfaces, robust automation capabilities, and high scalability for enterprise organizations looking to maximize efficiency across their DevOps pipelines.
If you're looking for a way to streamline your cross-browser testing efforts or want insight into what the future holds for this space, TestGrid should be your first choice!