10 Must-See Videos to Watch in Memory of Maya Angelou
The world is still reeling over the news of Maya Angelou's death. The award-winning author, poet, and civil rights activist passed away on May 28 at age 86.
Besides being a source of inspiration, her achievements include publishing more than 30 books and winning numerous awards (which include being nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, Tony and Emmy awards, winning three Grammys, and receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Here are the top must-see videos that nest describe the enduring power of Maya Angelou:
1. On love and liberation
2. On what it means to be a human being
3. Singing “My Name” on Sesame Street
4. …And playing patty cake with Elmo
5. Remembering her mother saving her from an abusive relationship
6. On The Richard Pryor Show, 1977
7. In conversation with rapper Common
8. On making Tupac Shakur cry (they worked together on the set of Poetic Justice)